Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for fresh air and your power bill is normally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Hilton Head Island and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power charges down.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is a definite benefit for keeping your utility charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can do several other methods to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save energy and money. You can also change the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 843-619-3781 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the correct solution for your house. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.