Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Hilton Head Island and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power charges low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is a definite plus in keeping your utility charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your energy expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can do several other methods to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save energy and money. You can also change the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 843-619-3781 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the correct solution for your house. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.