Scheduling regular AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning equipment in Hilton Head Island working at peak performance while keeping energy needs low. It also can even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are a few jobs you can finish by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Epperson Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that entails a big dose of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter weather near, it’s also a good idea to put AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and checked out. Hesitating to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you need service or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that can turn extremely uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened air conditioning system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner service may be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the top condition:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and may reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you deal with allergies or have animals in your home.
- Lawn upkeep by the outdoor condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, because this might impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Epperson Service Experts at 843-619-3781, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then we’ll begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially skip problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your equipment is turning on, operating and turning off like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve additional service, we are prepared to provide you the most economical solution. Pinpointing likely problems early could solve bigger troubles down the road. This also provides you time to strategize if your air conditioner is aging.
When you are seeking an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to locate the ideal solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your maintenance? Give us a call at 843-619-3781 or schedule an appointment online today.