Scheduling regular AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Hilton Head Island working at peak performance while keeping energy consumption low. It also can even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a few things you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Epperson Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that entails a large dose of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier weather near, it’s also a good idea to put AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and checked out. Delaying to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be risky. If you need a fix or installation, you could be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that can turn awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner service may be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your AC unit in the top condition:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you deal with allergies or have animals in your home.
- Lawn maintenance by the outdoor condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, because this might impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Epperson Service Experts at 843-619-3781, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll start the finer details. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to get rid of any buildup from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to ensure your unit is turning on, operating and turning off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve additional service, we are prepared to offer you the most economical solution. Pinpointing possible problems early could solve bigger issues down the road. This also provides you time to strategize if your air conditioner is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to choose the ideal solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to book your maintenance? Give us a call at 843-619-3781 or schedule an appointment online today.