There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Hilton Head Island. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The pros at Epperson Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Hilton Head Island, too. Take a look at some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace works at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Hilton Head Island this year.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance performed can save you money if larger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional perks, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Epperson Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Hilton Head Island, give us a call at 843-619-3781 or schedule an appointment with Epperson Service Experts through our online scheduler.