There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Hilton Head Island. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The team at Epperson Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Hilton Head Island, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace works at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Hilton Head Island this year.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance performed can save you money if larger problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional benefits, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Epperson Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Hilton Head Island, give us a call at 843-619-3781 or schedule an appointment with Epperson Service Experts through our online scheduler.