Benefits of Having Your Furnace Service Before Winter
There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Philadelphia. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The pros at Stallion Heating and Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather comes to Philadelphia, too. Check out some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Philadelphia when it cools off.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cold winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are key to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if larger problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional perks, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Stallion Heating and Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Philadelphia, give us a call at 215-259-5850 or schedule an appointment with Stallion Heating and Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay completely comfortable in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems are a handy way to manage the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Popular Heating Myths Debunked
There are lots of myths out there about home heating that lead to confusion and inefficient furnace usage. It’s time to set the record straight. Here, the heating authorities at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing debunk the eight most common myths to keep your home... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not only about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and removing pollutants from the very air you... Continue reading