How to Protect Your Home in Extreme Cold
It’s cold out there. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay completely comfortable in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems are a handy way to manage the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Popular Heating Myths Debunked
There are lots of myths out there about home heating that lead to confusion and inefficient furnace usage. It’s time to set the record straight. Here, the heating authorities at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing debunk the eight most common myths to keep your home... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not only about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and removing pollutants from the very air you... Continue reading