No matter what the temperature outside, the temperature within your space decides how comfortable you will seem. Set it just right and your home will seem like a enjoyable escape from it all. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t working the way it should, you’ll notice. And it won’t be pleasant.
It’s time to take a thorough look at the way you’re managing your HVAC equipment. It could make the difference between a stable system or a poor performer. Work through this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is right around the corner. How do you prepare your air conditioner?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Bring in the professionals for seasonal maintenance.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a hot night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your solution?
- Advise my friends to bring iced beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before people show up.
- Plug in my fans and hope for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What happens when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor pick one out and fund it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and bills by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most expensive system on the market.
- When you open your next monthly energy bill, what do you anticipate you’ll see?
- It will be a little higher. My home comfort bills have been climbing.
- It will be similar to the expenses for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I read it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Book a qualified technician to examine it.
- Don’t think about it and hope it goes away.
Now check your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are right on track. You’re taking care of your system and you made a plan for down the road. But if you replied to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you could make a couple of changes to help your equipment perform more effectively. Read on to discover how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Book Seasonal Maintenance While switching out your air filter and clearing your vents are critical tasks to ready your machinery for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to finish the process. During a routine visit, your Expert technician will complete a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around, your HVAC Expert will look out for more severe problems for your HVAC. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained home comfort systems can have trouble sometimes. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that much needed service to homes at no added cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Many HVAC systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to avoid last-minute pressure when your machine takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and take note when they radically change. Your power bills can present more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a regular increase in your expenses but no difference in home comfort, something is probably going on with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more stable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Take action when you hear a strange noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than aggravating. It indicates something is off with your HVAC. Even if it’s a comparatively small problem, left alone it could make for an pricey repair down the road. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t maintain it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, additional costs and annoyance. And if your HVAC just isn’t doing its job anymore, contemplate installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!