How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of fumes that could be in your Hilton Head Island house. Natural gas and fumes that originate from household furnishings, carpeting and paints. Not a one of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Epperson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 843-619-3781 today to start protecting your home against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a big deal, so it’s not something to joke about.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you cannot view it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It’s nonirritating in low doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Lethal Within Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can filter into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a house, the gas can become lethal in just a few minutes.

Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it requires five hours to take it out of your bloodstream. It requires an extra five hours to reduce that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mimic Other Illnesses

It may also mirror symptoms that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three ways you can take to keep your family safe:

  1. Every home with at least one fuel-burning furnace, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have an alarm on every level of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide alarm in your house?
    Call Epperson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 843-619-3781 to get one. Ask our Experts about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you already use a carbon monoxide detector, regularly check or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and replace the detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, exit your house right away and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Help from Epperson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the recommended actions your residence can be protected from the toxic gas. Take the necessary steps and call Epperson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 843-619-3781 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.