Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioning suddenly goes out. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Such a nightmare!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this situation. But what are the signs that it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC Experts recommend servicing it at least once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, preventing potential issues and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time of year. This allows you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioning tune-up is a thorough process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not suggested. Here are some key parts of the work conducted during a routine service appointment:
- Thorough inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioner for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your AC unit every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean cooling system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on untimely replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To increase your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll experience several advantages no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for boosting performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified specialists, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.