How to Pick the Right Air Conditioner for Your House
Building a new home? Upgrading your current system? Whatever the reason why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you might soon come to the conclusion that you have more possibilities than you initially thought. Go through this info to help you compare four different types so you can find the best air conditioner in the U.S..
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people think of when they picture air conditioning for the total home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run similar to central air conditioners. Many models can also offer heat in the winter.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your home is in a location with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking a lone piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, in lieu of a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at a consistent 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this constant source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is an additional type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your home, or an immediate add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling single areas.
- You’re looking to get zoning for your house.
Still unsure which type of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for anything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you select the ideal one for your home. Please contact us estimate right away.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay completely comfortable in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems are a handy way to manage the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not only about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and removing pollutants from the very air you... Continue reading
How to Find a Suitable HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more essential than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many system types,... Continue reading