HVAC Technicians Must Prepare to Meet New Skill Demands
The HVAC industry is in a continuous state of change. With technological innovations and ever-important environmental concerns, the skills demanded of HVAC technicians are evolving faster than ever. Preparing to adapt and fulfill these new challenges is crucial for anyone looking to join the business. Find out what it takes to become a well-prepared HVAC tech, the advantages of continuous training and development and how an apprenticeship program can take your career to the next level.
Adapting to New Skill Demands
The ever-evolving HVAC landscape requires industry pros to stay on top of emerging trends, technologies and consumer requirements. In a nutshell, HVAC companies want technicians capable of meeting the demands of the modern world.
Here are the vital skills job seekers should have when applying for a job:
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, refrigeration and maintenance: A comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals gives you a leg up on fellow candidates, even if the company provides training for new hires.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills: The ability to identify and fix issues quickly and efficiently is essential. Modern equipment often integrates complex digital controls, making this skill more necessary than ever.
- Experience working directly with customers: Building a relationship with clients and providing top-notch customer service is invaluable as an HVAC technician, so companies search for this quality when assessing applicants.
- Ability to work well on a team: HVAC services frequently call for teamwork with other technicians. Employers want team players who can work well together.
- Willingness to take advantage of continuous training and development: The HVAC industry requires technicians to stay up-to-date with new technologies through continuing education. Your long-term success relies on your motivation to learn and grow.
Service Experts Career Academy: We Build Highly Skilled Workers
You could always enroll in a four-year college or trade school to gain the knowledge necessary to become an HVAC technician, but this can put you deeply in debt and delays your earning potential for years. At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we feel there’s a better way. Boost your career and get paid while you learn at Service Experts Career Academy (SECA), an in-house apprenticeship program developed to build highly skilled workers. Here’s what to expect.
Service Experts Career Academy, or SECA, offers a structured curriculum covering everything from the basics to expert technologies, putting an emphasis on real-world experience and hands-on learning. Our program is specifically designed to get you ready for an HVAC career.
Expectations for Apprentices
As an apprentice, you’ll attend free classroom training, assist within relevant departments and gain a well-rounded understanding of the HVAC trade. Safety is our priority, so you’ll need to follow health and safety procedures all the time. Embracing constructive feedback, completing daily work process forms and growing strong interpersonal skills will also be indispensable to your growth with us.
Requirements to Apply to Service Experts Career Academy
Signing up for the SECA program requires an inquisitive attitude, a dedication to excellence, and the ability to meet specific physical demands. You must have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license to apply. Physical requirements include the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl; lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 30 pounds; and work in various settings like hot, cold and tight places.
Compensation and Benefits as an Apprentice
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we invest in your success by giving you an extensive employment program for SECA students. Compensation includes a competitive pay program with incentive opportunities, guaranteed pay increases during your apprenticeship and a tool kit with a value of $1,000 after completing the program. Benefits consist of paid time off, company holiday pay, insurance, 401(k) match, supplemental benefit programs and career development potential.
The Difference of Working with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Deciding on an HVAC company to jumpstart your career is something that demands a great deal of thought. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing could be the right choice if you want a company that values:
- Innovative training programs: Our SECA initiative develops top-notch specialists from the get-go.
- Customer-centric approach: We put customers first, providing dependable and efficient services that help you take pride in your work.
- Devotion to quality: As one of our technicians, we’ll equip you with the finest tools, education and support.
- Community engagement: We take pride in supporting our community, actively taking part in local projects and events.
- Sustainable practices: We support and implement eco-friendly solutions to support a sustainable future for our community.
Join the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Preparing yourself for a job in the HVAC business isn’t a one-time effort but a long-term commitment. It requires dedication to life-long learning, skill enhancement and a desire to grow in your career. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing embodies this commitment through innovative programs like SECA. Getting started with SECA means embarking on a career path filled with growth, support and possibility.
Your career in HVAC starts here! If you’re ready to take your skills to the highest level, ask for more information about Service Experts Career Academy today. Join us, and you’ll help shape the future of HVAC industry.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay completely comfortable in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems are a handy way to manage the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not only about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and removing pollutants from the very air you... Continue reading
How to Find a Suitable HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more essential than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many system types,... Continue reading