Summer is typically a crazy time of year for many families in Hilton Head Island. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Hilton Head Island heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Hilton Head Island heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Epperson Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Hilton Head Island heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Hilton Head Island temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.