Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Hilton Head Island, you may be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think about, plus the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your home comfortable. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Epperson Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you install both units together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your house cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you could even be authorized for a discount as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Epperson Service Experts. We know the price of replacing your total system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 843-619-3781 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.