Air conditioners don’t last forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think about, plus the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your home comfortable. An updated air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Epperson Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you install both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any large short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the best efficiency, making your house comfier and lowering your yearly utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you may even be authorized for a special deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Epperson Service Experts. We get the price of replacing your total system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 843-619-3781 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.