When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first think about going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets costly fast. Additionally, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, get in touch with Epperson Service Experts to help you pick out and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your faucets, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main after heavy rains. While typically harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Epperson Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Epperson Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.