The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Many people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first think about trying the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets expensive almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. What’s more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to maximize the benefits anywhereyou use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap water, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can accumulate in the water main following heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that safe, clean water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.
7 Common Causes of No Hot Water
If you’re reading this, it’s likely because you just had a breathtakingly cold shower or turned on the faucet to find no hot water. It’s a frustrating scenario, but don’t panic. Learning the most common things that leave you with no hot water is the first step toward finding a remedy. Here... Continue reading
Do I Really Need a Water Softener or Is an Inline Filter Sufficient?
We all need clean water for everyday tasks like cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene. Many the U.S. homeowners consider the question of which is best—a water filter or a water softener? Examine the primary differences between inline water filters and whole-house water softeners, the perks they... Continue reading