Your HVAC equipment is vital to home comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your AC has ever stopped working on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to maintain an uninterrupted source of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Epperson Service Experts, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, take a look at these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems early on: Issues with your home comfort system often form little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of little problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable expense that minimizes the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in every room.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the fastest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair service, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, your technician will return to make things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Epperson Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Epperson Service Experts office today.