The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your HVAC system is the key to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home’s indoor air. A lot of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever stopped working on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can’t generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you could maintain a continuous source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like receiving an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn’t required to ask for tune-ups with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so people often forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, consider these benefits:
- Reveal smaller problems early: Issues with your home comfort system often progress little by little. When a technician examines the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and resolve small problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the chance of an unexpected breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety assessment during every visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is performing as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan allows access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair service, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you unhappy, the technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office today.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay completely comfortable in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems are a handy way to manage the temperature, they occasionally fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not only about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and removing pollutants from the very air you... Continue reading
How to Find a Suitable HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more essential than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision influences your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many system types,... Continue reading