Relying on a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the recommended way to alert you of this harmful gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is lethal in heavy amounts.
A carbon monoxide detector works like a smoke alarm. It screens the air and signals if carbon monoxide concentration is too high. Ideally, you should install no fewer than one detector close to every living area, or on each floor in your house. These detectors are best used in combination with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your equipment in the greatest shape and may help you avoid carbon monoxide in Hilton Head Island.