Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Hilton Head Island
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s working like it should so your Hilton Head Island basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can quit working for a few numerous reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running correctly, contact the Experts at Epperson Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Insufficient maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not tipping to one side, since this can lead the pump to not activate when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, drop a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump runs and pulls out the water efficiently.
- During dry conditions, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Epperson Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to shield your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Epperson Service Experts to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 843-619-3781 or request an appointment online.